Our Travel2Go adventure from Manila to Puerto Princesa

8:56:00 PM

Travel2Go information desk inside the ship

Last year of December, we decided to take Travel2Go ship to visit Palawan. It was our first time to travel by boat and it was an unforgettable experience for us.

The beginning

It took us a while to decide to purchase a ticket at Travel2Go. Every time we visit our family at Palawan, we take a plane because it only takes an hour to travel by air.

However, after reading some information from other's blog about their experience at 2GO Travel, we were convinced to take a boat.

We bought a ticket through their website using my PNB card. The payment process was fast and not difficult. We bought two tickets for my wife and I. Our son was exempted that time because he was only 2 and a half years old.

The ticket amount was almost 10,000 pesos and it was round trip tickets. If I will compare the cost of the  tickets to a place, then I am certain that we will pay almost 20,000 pesos for the two tickets.

The journey

We left home before lunch because the departure of the ship was in the afternoon. We rode a DLTB bus going to Baclaran, and took a taxi at Airport Road going to Pier 4.

We paid four hundred pesos for the taxi and it took us 45 minutes to 1 hour to reach the Manila pier four.

When we reached Manila port, I was surprised because it was full of travelers going to different provinces. Before we were able to get inside the terminal we paid first the terminal fee that cost less than 100 hundred pesos per ticket.

When we got inside the terminal and showed the tickets to a Travel2go agent, I was told by the lady in charge that I need to pay the insurance of our son because he does not have a ticket. So I went out the terminal and proceed to the ticketing office of Travel2Go within the vicinity.

I also brought my son because they measured his height at the ticketing center. It took me a while to pay the insurance fee. Also, the place was hot, full of people, no priority line for PWD, senior citizen, pregnant woman, and with a child.

The ship

The name of the ship is St. Augustine of Hippo. It is not big as I expected. When I saw the ship, I was a bit worried because I was thinking that maybe it will not survive the big waves. (It was month of December). However, I was wrong.

The ship has three floors. The ground floor is for the cargoes. The first floor is for tourist, cabin, and suite rooms passengersand the





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images